Friday, October 21, 2011

"nunyabiznass"

The other morning my kid saw a new bottle of creamer on the counter.
He LOVES coffee creamer...
 He inched a little closer and said, "Hey mama, wus that?"
Ninja translation: "I'm going to try to sneak in the fridge later and 
drink the whole thing like I did last week with your regular creamer, 
I was just wondering what flavor it is."
To which I replied, in a very mature mom-kinda way, "Nunya."
Puzzled, he repeated, "Nunya?"
I said, "Yeah, nunyabiznass."

Next morning I'm making coffee and he asks me, 
in the most innocent, doe-eyed way, 
"Mama, you puttin' 'nunya' in your coffee?
Can i have some, pweeeease? I like nunya. pweeease?"

It was so stinkin' cute that I totally
gave him coffee with pumpkin spice creamer.



Think he manipulated me?
Or does he really think the creamer is called nunya?
I seriously don't know...either way, he got it without 
having to break into the fridge. He ALWAYS wins.


p.s. i bought this creamer in hopes of deterring myself from 
spending tons of money on pumpkin spice lattes from starbucks...fail.

No comments: